Sunday, April 12, 2015

The French Press Comes to Belmar

I've been hearing lots of good things about the French Press and its new Belmar location. For my part, I stopped a week ago or so by for a latte and a pain au chocolate and left impressed.

My pain au chocolate (i.e. a chocolate croissant) was fresh, light, and flaky-- just the way a croissant should be.

My latte was also excellent, and I think no small part of that excellence was the Pablo's espresso roast the French Press is using. (For those who don't know, Pablo's is one of the oldest cafes and micro-roasters in Denver. I've been buying my coffee from Pablo's for twenty years, and I think the decision by the folks at the French Press to go with Pablo's coffee speaks volumes about their commitment to good coffee.)

The next time I stop in, I'll get a sit down breakfast and write up a review, but until then, I can say that downtown Lakewood's got a new #1 stop for a cup of coffee.





No comments:

Post a Comment