Sunday, April 22, 2012

KB Home Installs Bike Racks and Pocket Park


Construction is well underway on the new KB Home neighborhood in Belmar. Four of the paired homes have finished exteriors, and the foundation of a fifth has been poured. It looks like at least one of the units is already owner occupied.

On a quick walk through the area today, I counted seven or eight sold signs, mostly on the units that open onto the interior of the development. Much of the landscaping is also in, including sidewalks, trees, grass, a small pocket park and a row of bike racks. The quality of the landscaping is good, and in fitting with the rest of the Belmar development.

Although I had originally hoped to see higher density development on this parcel, I'm feeling good about this bit of infill. I think it'll encourage walking in the neighborhood, and it's certainly good to see new construction happening again in Belmar.



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I keep walking by these paired homes with envy, they look so cool...I wish I could afford one! I love the one that faces the pocket park. I hope they put lights on the trees!

    Thank you for writing this blog, I enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete