Sunday, May 7, 2017

Bar Louie to Open at 7111 W. Alaska Dr. in Belmar

The word on the streets is that Bar Louie is set to open a location at 7111 W. Alaska Drive, the former home of Belmar's now-shuttered Elephant Bar.

I've personally never eaten at one, but they do seem rather ubiquitous in all the metro area's "life-style centers." There's one at Northfield in Stapleton, another at the Streets at South Glenn, and at least one more up north at the Westminster Promenade.

Bar Louie appears to specialize in burgers, flat bread pizzas, sandwiches and salads, but the menu seems to cover all the bases.

Again, I've never eaten at one. Anyone have any thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an opportunity missed. I've been to a Bar Louie in another state a while ago, and it was nothing special. For Belmar, it is disappointing as it covers the same ground as Baker Street, Rock pizza, Ted's and to the lesser extent even Tstreet. At least Elephant Bar had an Pan-Asian tilt to it.

    I don't mind that it's a national chain - that part makes sense, given the remaining original Belmar tenants are PF Changs, Ted's, and Baker Street. I just think it's the wrong chain for Belmar, with all the overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On barely related note, looks like Belmar Shops idea for 325 S Saulsbury St is being revisited. Any word on the street about that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to the Belmar Shops Site Plan, what I've heard is that the original plan would have required a new connection to city water and sewer, and the cost of that would have been prohibitive. I haven't seen the new plan, but I heard it was going to be scaled back somewhat in order to work with existing infrastructure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way-I just noticed that Grappa es finito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw that too. Not surprised, but I hope the space gets filled soon.

      Delete
  5. The grand opening is August 1st.....are you going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to make it (I was out of town). Did you go?

      Delete