Friday, May 30, 2014

Car2Go Comes to Belmar

The painted lines and signs went in a few weeks ago, and the cars themselves arrived yesterday, so it's official: Car2Go has come to Belmar.

The car share service offers auto rentals by the minute, hour, or day. You have to have a membership, but once you do, renting your car is as easy as swiping a card and typing a few details into the car's touchscreen. (See http://denver.car2go.com for details).

Right now Cars2Go is offering Belmar residents a free membership with the code Belmar0030, which is cool.

Realistically, though, I don't see myself using this service. Although I try and bike or walk whenever possible, I own a car and I drive somewhere outside of downtown Lakewood nearly everyday. But I do see Car2Go as lending a bit of urban cachet to downtown Lakewood.

So how about you? Do you see yourself occasionally renting a car to zip about town?

2 comments: